Day 1-2: Nairobi - Manzili House
- Arrive in Nairobi and transfer to Manzili House for a relaxing start to your journey– located in the leafy suburb of Karen, this private and peaceful homestay, inspired by the Swahili Architecture of Lamu, is the perfect place to begin your safari.
- Explore local attractions in Nairobi, such as the Karen Blixen Museum, Shedrick Wildlife Trust or Nairobi National Park.
- Enjoy the pure tranquility of Manzili House.
Day 3-4: Amboseli - Twai Lodge Amboseli
- Depart for Amboseli National Park.
- Check-in at Twai Lodge Amboseli and enjoy the stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro – located In the shadows of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Amboseli is home to some of Kenya’s largest elephant herds. Five minutes from Amboseli Park & set in a 3,000 acre private conservancy. Amboseli is a place of ever changing landscapes, from acacia woodland, giant palm forest, dusty dry lake beds, volcanic plains, to lush, cool, green swamps fed by the snowmelt of Kilimanjaro.
- Spend your days exploring one of the most unique landscapes in Kenya, as you takes guided nature walk, bird walks, day/night game drives, camel walks and bush meals. Before and after dinner, relax by the campfire, or at our very special “mobile” bush bar. Listen to the magical sounds of the savannah under the spectacular African sky where the stars seem brighter than anywhere else.
Day 5-6: Camel Trek Safari
- Embark on a unique camel trek safari for a two-night fly camping adventure.
- Traverse the unique landscapes of Northern Kenya. Encounter wildlife and local communities, along the way.
- Camp under the stars where you will experience the solitude & pristine beauty of the African wilderness.
Day 7-8: Kitich Forest Camp
- Transfer to Kitich Forest Camp, nestled in the lush forest of The Mathews Range in Norhtern Kenya. Kitich is an enchanting camp with only six tents situated under a dense tree canopy, overlooking the stunning Ngeng River, this camp is a low-key classic with charming en suite bush bathrooms, bucket showers and flush toilets.
- Explore the unique flora and fauna of the forest on guided walks–Heer you will find a ‘biological bonanza’ and sky island, where the massive range rises up from the desert floor to over 6,000 ft.
- From walking, hiking fly-fishing and fly-camping with the camels, Kitich is all about exploring on foot!
- Activities include bush picnics, swimming in hidden rock pools or witnessing Samburu culture.
- A truly ‘off the beaten path’ destination worth exploring!
Day 9-11: Maasai Mara - Alex Walker Serian Camp
- Head to the Maasai Mara and check-in to any one of the amazing Alex Walker Serian Camps- A charismatic collection of three exclusive and intimate safari camps in the prime wildernesses of the Maasai Mara. Exclusive use of vehicle is standard at all the camps, explore the Mara at your leisure.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Mara and witness the diverse wildlife– Experience the magic of the bush in a rich variety of ways. Clients have exclusive use of their safari vehicle at no extra cost,. There are a number of exciting experiences including: walking adventures, flycamping, night game drives, photography, and ballooning… The list goes on.
- At Alex Walker Serian Camps you will discover there is more to safari than driving around ticking big animals off a list… It’s about being open to falling under the spell of this enchanting landscape..
Day 12: Lamu Tusitiri Dhow
- Transfer to the coast for a night on the Tusitiri Dhow.
- Enjoy a unique over-night sailing experience on the Indian Ocean –A Tusitiri Dhow safari is an enchanting coastal experience, as action packed or blissfully relaxed as desired.
- Make yourself at home on this magnificent open air dhow. Engage in various water activities such as snorkleing, swimming and water-skiing; savor the delicious seafood that’s cooked on board and experience a night sleeping under the stars on the Indian Ocean.
Day 13-14: Lamu - Dhow House Lamu
- Explore Lamu Island and stay at the luxurious private home: Dhow House for two days – this Stunning 5 bedroom house with 360 views is located directly on the beach. Dhow house is the perfect setting to reconnect with family and relax after an adventure filled Safari. It is one of the few houses in the area with beach access. You will wake up to the tranquility of the lush gardens and will soak up the African sun relaxing by the splendid azure blue swimming pool. In the evenings, indulge in cocktails with an atmospheric dinner on one of the roof terraces over-looking the Indian Ocean. Let the the warm sea breezes sooth your soul.
- During your stay at Dhow House, you will discover the rich culture and history of Lamu. There will also be opportunity to explore Lamu's narrow streets, local cuisine and long stretches of deserted beaches to take in the fresh salt air.
Day 14 - Depart from Lamu to Nairobi for your International flight Home
End of the Journey
This itinerary is flexible and can be adjusted based on your preferences and the availability of accommodations.
Photo Credit Lori Souder